The Halo RL4 series is a retrofit LED Baffle-Trim Module for 4″ aperture recessed Downlights. The RL4 is designed for use with compatible 4″ housings. The RL4 integral LED driver is dimmable at 120 volts. The RL4 lens provides uniform illumination and wet location listing. Precision construction makes any housing AIR-TITE for added HVAC savings and code compliance. Compliant with NFPA 70, NEC section 410.16 (A)(1) and 410.16 (C)(3).
• Module construction includes LED, heat sink, reflector, lens, baffle and trim ring
• Regressed baffle
• Heat sink designed to conduct heat away from the LED keeping the junction temperatures below to specify maximums, even when installed in insulated ceiling environments.
L70 at 50,000 hours.
• Designer trims finish options (sold separately)
• White (Paintable) Trim Ring
• Satin Nickel Trim Ring
• Tuscan Bronze Trim Ring
• Regressed lens
• Impact-resistant polycarbonate
• Convex form for lamp-like appearance
• High lumen transmission
• Diffusing for even illumination
• Push-N-Twist universal installation clips
• Clips are pre-installed and designed to fit 4″ compatible recessed housings
See Housing Compatibility section.
• Color Temperature (CCT)† Options:
• 90 CRI: 2700K, 3000K, 3500K, 4000K, and 5000K
• 80 CRI: 2700K, 3000K, 3500K, and 4000K
• CRI options: 80 and 90†
• 90 CRI can be used to comply with California Title 24 High Efficacy requirements. Certified to California Appliance Efficiency Database under JA8.
• A tight chromaticity specification ensures LED color uniformity, sustainable Color Rendering Index (CRI) and Correlated Color Temperature (CCT) over the useful life of the LED
• LED chromaticity of 3 SDCM exceeds ENERGY STAR® color standards per ANSI C78.377-2008
• 90 CRI model features high color performance with R9 greater than 50
• Every Halo LED is quality tested, measured, and serialized in a permanent record to register lumens, wattage, CRI and CCT
• Halo LED serialized testing and measurement ensures color and lumen consistency on a per-unit basis, and validates long-term product consistency over time
• LED connector is a non-screw base luminaire disconnect offering easy installation with Halo H995 Series LED housings
• LED Connector meets California Title-24 high efficacy luminaire requirement for a non-screw base socket, and where required to qualify as a high efficacy luminaire
• The included E26 medium screw-base Edison adapter provides easy retrofit of incandescent housings (see Housing Compatibility)
Separate grounding cable included on the RL4 module for attachment to the housing during installation.
• With the latest “driver-on-board” electronic technology, the driver is integrated into the module.
• 120V 50/60 Hz constant current dimmable driver provides high-efficiency operation
• Driver meets FCC 47CFR Part 15 EMI/RFI consumer limits for use in residential and commercial installations
• Driver features high power factor and low THD and has integral thermal protection in the event of over temperature or internal failure
• If dimming is not required the fixture can be operated from a standard wall switch
• Designed for continuous dimming capability to nominally 5% with many 120V Leading Edge (LE) and Trailing Edge (TE) Phase Control dimmers. (Dimmers with low end trim adjustment offer greater assurance of achieving 5% level.)
• Consult dimmer manufacturer for compatibility and conditions of use.
Some dimmers require a neutral in the wall box.
Eaton provides a five-year limited warranty on the RL4 LED.
• UL/cUL Listed 1598 Luminaire (with listed housings)
• UL Classified (with other housings – see Housing Compatibility)
• UL/cUL Listed for Damp Location
• UL/cUL Listed for Wet Location – Shower Applications
• IP65 Ingress Protection rated
• May be installed in IC rated housings in direct contact with air-permeable insulation** and combustible material
• Airtight certified per ASTM E283 (not exceeding 2.0 CFM under 75 Pascals pressure difference)
• 90 CRI: Can be used to comply with California Title 24 High Efficacy requirements. Certified to California Title 20 Appliance Efficiency Database.*
• 80 CRI: Can be used to comply with California Title 24 Nonresidential Lighting Controls requirements as an LED luminaire.
• Can be used for International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) high-efficiency luminaire compliance.
• ENERGY STAR® Certified luminaire – consult ENERGY STAR® Certified Product List*
• EMI/RFI per FCC 47CFR Part 15 Class B Consumer limits, suitable for use in residential and commercial installations
• Contains no mercury or lead and RoHS compliant.
• Photometric testing in accordance with IES LM-79
• Lumen maintenance projections in accordance with IES LM-80 and TM-21
• Suitable for use in closets. Compliant with NFPA 70, NEC Sec. 410.16 (A)(1) and 410.16 (C)(3).
Warm (2000 – 3499 K)