The Halo H995RICAT is a dedicated LED remodel small aperture IC AIR-TITE housing for use with Halo RL4 Series LED modules. It is designed for installation into existing insulated ceilings where it will be in direct contact with insulation*. It is an AIR-TITE housing designed to prevent air flow between occupied spaces and unconditioned areas. The LED connection is a non-screw base to preserve the high efficacy rating of the laminate as used with the RL4 LED module.
• Slide-N-Side™ wire traps
• Quick Connect wiring connectors included in Junction box
•AIR-TITE™ per ASTM E283
•Remodel springs accommodate 1/2″ and 5/8″ ceiling material
•Compatible with Halo RL460 Series LED modules
Single wall formed aluminum construction. Openings are gasketed for AIR-TITE installation. 5 1/2” height allows use in 2”x 6 joist construction. AIR-TITE aperture gasket is pre-installed.
• Spring steel construction designed for ease of installation and ceiling support of the LED driver.
• Four remodel clips secure housing and accommodate 1/2” and 5/8” ceiling material.
• Seven 1/2” trade size conduit knockouts with true pry-out slots
• Slide-N-Side™ connectors allow the nonmetallic sheathed cable to be installed without tools and without removing knockouts.
• Accepts a wide range of non-metallic sheathed cables – The standard cable types used in lighting in both U.S. And Canada. – Allows wiring connections to be made outside the junction box.
– Simply insert the cable directly into the trap after connections are made. – Accommodates the following standard nonmetallic sheathed cable types: US: #14/2, #14/3, #12/2, #12/3 Canada: #14/2, #14/3, #12/2
“Quick Connect” Connectors
Three quick connect wiring connectors included.
LED Module Connection
Halo LED RL4 Series modules simply install with a plug-in 120V line voltage wiring connector (UL and CSA Listed Luminaire Disconnect). This non-screw-base LED connection preserves the high efficacy rating of the luminaire (see also LED Module specifications).
Cooper Lighting provides a five-year limited warranty on Halo RL4 LED Luminaires which includes the LED Recessed Housing, and LED module.
• UL/cUL Listed 1598 Luminaire
• UL/cUL Listed for Damp Location
• UL/cUL Listed for Wet Location, with select trims
• UL/cUL listed for Direct Contact with insulation and combustible material*
• Use with designated RL4 LED module for ENERGY STAR® qualification.
• Can be used for State of California Title 24 high efficacy compliance with designated LED module.
• Can be used for International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) high efficacy compliance with designated LED module.
• Refer to RL4 LED module specification sheets online for compliance information.
IC and AIR-TITE™ Certified under ASTM-E283 and listed UL/cUL 1598. May be used to meet insulated ceiling* and restricted air-flow requirements such as:
• Washington State Energy Code
• International Energy Conservation Code (IECC)
• New York State Energy Conservation Construction Code (NY-ECCC)
• State of California Title 24 “Recessed Luminaires in Insulated Ceilings.”
* Not to be used in direct contact with spray foam insulation.