The Halo H995ICAT is a dedicated LED new construction small aperture IC AIR-TITE housing for use with Halo RL4 Series LED modules. It is designed for use in insulated ceilings where it will be in direct contact with insulation. It is an AIR-TITE housing designed to prevent air flow between occupied spaces and unconditioned areas. The LED connection is non-screw base to preserve the high efficacy rating of the luminaire as used with the RL4 LED module.
• Double wall aluminum construction helps dissipate heat. The inner housing can be adjusted in the plaster frame to compensate for different ceiling materials.
• Designed for insulated ceilings in direct contact with insulation. (May also be installed in non-insulated ceilings.)
• Galvanized steel die-formed construction.
• The inner housing can be removed from plaster frame to provide access to the junction box.
• Plaster frame features include: – Patented regressed locking screw positioned for securing hanger bars from below the ceiling. – Cutouts for easily crimping hanger bars in position. – AIR-TITE aperture gasket is pre-installed. – HALO identity embossed on plaster frame Slide-N-Side™ Junction Box
• Positioned to accommodate straight conduit runs
• Seven 1/2” trade size conduit knockouts with true pry-out slots
• Slide-N-Side wire traps allow non-metallic sheathed cable to be installed without tools and without removing knockouts.
• Accepts a wide range of nonmetallic (type NM) sheathed cables – the standard cable types used in lighting in both U.S. and Canada. – Allows wiring connections to be made outside the junction box – Simply insert the cable directly into the trap after connections are made.
– Accommodates the following standard non-metallic sheathed cable sizes: (US) #14/2, #14/3, #12/2, #12/3 (Canada) #14/2, #14/3, #12/2 “Quick Connect” Connectors Three quick connect wiring connectors included.
GOT NAIL! Pass -N-Thru™ Bar Hangers
• Pre-installed nail easily installs in regular lumber, engineered lumber, and laminated beams.
• Safety and guidance system prevents snagging, ensures smooth straight nail penetration and allows bar hangers to be easily removed if necessary.
• Automatic leveling flange aligns the housing and lets you hold the housing in place with one hand while driving nails.
• Housing can be positioned at any point within 24” joist span.
• Pass-N-Thru™ feature allows bar hangers to be shortened without removing from plaster frame.
• Score lines allow “tool-less” shortening for 12” joists.
• Integral T-bar clip snaps onto T-bars – no additional clips
LED Module Connection
Halo LED RL4 Series modules simply install with a plug-in 120V line voltage wiring connector (UL and CSA Listed Luminaire Disconnect). This non-screw-base LED connection preserves the high efficacy rating of the luminaire (see also LED Module specifications). Warranty
Cooper Lighting provides a three-year limited warranty on Halo LED Luminaires which includes the LED Recessed Housing, LED Light Engine, and LED trims.
• UL/cUL Listed 1598 Luminaire
• UL/cUL Listed for Damp Location
• UL/cUL Listed for Wet Location, with select trims
• UL/cUL listed for Feed Through
• UL/cUL listed for Direct Contact with insulation and combustible material
• Use with designated LED light engines and trims for ENERGY STAR® qualification.
• Can be used for State of California Title 24 high efficacy compliance with designated LED light engines and trims.
• Can be used for International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) high efficacy compliance with designated LED light engines and trims.
• Refer to H4 LED Light Engine and Trim specification sheets online for compliance information.
IC and AIR-TITE™ Certified under ASTM-E283 and listed UL/cUL 1598. May be used to meet insulated ceiling and restricted airflow requirements such as:
• Washington State Energy Code
• International Energy Conservation Code (IECC)
• New York State Energy Conservation Construction Code (NY-ECCC)
• State of California Title 24 “Recessed Luminaires in Insulated Ceilings.”