Recessed 4″ aperture ultra-shallow housing for use with LED integrated trims. Installs from below the ceiling and suitable for 2×4 residential or shallow plenum commercial construction. Suitable for direct contact with insulation; airtight rating reduces airflow between living spaces and unconditioned areas providing additional energy savings. Use with compatible Halo® LED integrated trims and modules providing general, task and accent lighting when energy savings, long life and optical control are required.
• Die formed aluminum housing can be installed from below the ceiling and accommodate ceilings from 3/8” – 3/4” thick.
• Shipped with paint overspray protector installed. Mounting Springs
• Captive preinstalled mounting springs retain housing securely in ceiling.
• Housing can be removed for service or splice inspection.
• Closed cell gaskets achieve restrictive airflow requirements without additional caulking.
• (2) 1/2″ trade size pry outs and (2) Slide-N-Side™ wire traps for nonmetallic cable.
• Accepts 14/2, 14/3, 12/2, 12/3 (US) and 14/2, 14/3, 12/2 (Canada) standard non-metallic sheathed cable.
• Maximum of (6) #12 or (8) #14 conductors rated for 90° C permitted in box (10in3 internal volume).
• Wago® push wire connectors for field connections. Connector
• Two-conductor wire mount connector is rated for 120 – 277V and mates with Halo® LT4, RL4, RA4 and ML4 family of LED integrated trims.
• CAUTION – verify LED module input voltage is compatible with the input voltage of the housing.
• If uncertain, consult a qualified electrician.
• Type IC inherently protected, suitable for direct contact to air permeable insulation and cULus listed for damp locations.
• Not for use in direct contact with spray foam insulation, consult NEMA LSD57-2013.
• Wet location listed in covered ceilings and IP56 certified with select lens trims.
• Airtight per ASTM-E283.
• Can be used for State of California Title 24 high efficacy luminaire compliance with designated integrated LED trims.
• Suitable for use in clothes closets when installing in accordance with the NEC 410.16 spacing requirements.